Friday 5 September 2014

Engine head progress 2

Hi there, it´s been a while after last post, but batteries fully charged after the summer break. Hope you all had a good time too.
The engine head has been assembled and is almost completed. All four valves, rockers, cam shafts are working together. All is left is the valve lapping and cups to be ground. I pretend to adjust cam clearance by grinding the cups, so each cup will have to be numbered according to its position and valve.
The valve seats were already cut with an HSS custom made tool. This tool is basically a countersinking tool with a pilot steam to achieve good concentricity with the valve guide. I am sure most of you use the same system.
I hope I can grind the cups and lap the valves this weekend, so I will be posting more pictures soon.









No comments:

Post a Comment